Saturday, July 12, 2014

My First Dating Event



Yeap! I have survived my first dating event!
It is an event organized by Love Express, Make an Ice Cream, Make a Friend that's held in Udders.

The organizer greeted me warmly, handled over a name list of the dudes and a list of ten name card size tear off slips for me to put in my details for distribution to my potential new friends. The ladies were seated on one side of the table and gentlemen will rotate from table after table during the event.

We have around 18 guys and 20 ladies. Most of the guys are around their early to mid thirties and a few pretty young college students around 22-25. I noticed a pretty balanced age group with us ladies around late twenties to mid thirties and a few sweet young things.

So a quick ice breaking session to mingle with everyone. I was slightly shy at the beginning but quickly ease into having some pretty interesting conversations and there were quite a few cool characters. Of course there were a handful of awkward moments where it just doesn't click and I have to tactfully excuse myself. I observed a number of engineers and accountants among the group. One lad made an impression during ice breaking when he shared about his round trip in Europe and I thought that was pretty cool.

Then the lovely Udders staff had a quick quiz session with vouchers giveaway and demonstrated to us how to make ice cream with simple things you can find around the house. I partnered with my buddy who was sitting across the table and we made chocolate vanilla bean ice cream successfully. No sweat so far.

The event costed $59 bucks and includes an ice cream buffet. It's just not the usual to chow down big quantity of sweets so early in the day so most of us had a few scoops and guys rotation plus chit chats on full swing. At the end of the day I received 5 (or 6?) name cards and gave away a few in return.

One brave soul gathered a few of us for lunch and we actually had a pretty lovely afternoon. I shared my dating stories over pizzas and added a few cute ladies onto my Facebook.

So was it worth it you ask me? Hmm............ Actually it was quite fun :) But the price tag (which I could have spent on a pretty high end lunch) was slightly costly. I don't mind joining one of the upcoming karaoke event.

Yay! Achievement unlocked!

Love
Missy Piggy

Update: So after a few days post event, are you curious about the effectiveness of this event? I kinda expected that I wouldn't get much guys contacting me but hey! One brave dude did text me on WhatsApp and added me on Facebook. So overall, it's not a kamikaze game over and positive start don't you think? :D 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the Love