Monday, June 30, 2014

Who Am I?



Memoirs of Missy Piggy

Ok, not exact a memoir but a quick introduction of myself. I will like to share a bit of my own profile so that some like-minded readers can follow my journey closely and share with me your views too.

As you can derive from my nick, I am born in the year of pig and 31 this year at the point of this post.

A working professional by day and inspiring wonder woman by night. I have a desk bound career as an analyst and a decent income that fuels my wide range of hobbies. That said, I have been told that I am not your typical Singapore woman. Why? I am independent, I know mostly what I want in life and steering towards my goals with clear milestones. I am adventurous, spontaneous, know how to put food on the table, decent fashion sense, articulate well and try to live life to the fullest.

I do solo travelings, indulge in local delicacies and fine dining. I also spend time picking up creative hobbies that balances my pretty dry but exciting career.

I have been told that I am above average in terms of looks. I am happy to brand myself as a well traveled Singapore Chinese who has a global mindset and values my own traditional roots.

In short, I am actually not too bad!

I can almost hear you screaming out your question on why am I still single?

What Have I Done?

Yes I have been keeping myself busy with work, self development activities and life. I am a very blessed lady and have been dating around but have yet to find someone to settle down with.

I do not enjoy clubbing since young. I dislike crowds, so clubbing and most night spots will be out for me.

Most of my peers have either settled down or inspiring sworn bachelor/bachelorette. A few good souls have attempted on introducing their friends to me and we ended up being great pals ourselves. So it rather seems like conventional channels are pretty much a dead end for me now.

I am technology trained so for the past few years, I have adopted a few online/mobile platforms to get to know new friends.

Online + Mobile Dating
In a nutshell, I enjoy the convenience of  online dating but find it challenging to shortlist the really good few potentials as you will usually be swarm by high volume of interactions. A lot of interactions sounds good isn't it? But it also equates to high level of effort required to maintain the communication going. The dating cycle usually involve exchange of messages, meeting up for coffee or meals and following up. It is actually quite taxing if you multiples it by a few potentials. Plus sometimes the guys you meet in person might have a very different offline personality and you will have to restart the knowing-the-person cycle again face to face.

Feedback
Convenience Level: High
Cost: Minimal
Maintenance: High

Of course there has been many successful cases and raves about the good points of online dating. I had my fair share of it and now keen to explore other dating platforms.

What Am I Looking For?

So what kind of traits am I searching for in my future partner?

I only have one key word: Compatibility

I do not believe in getting fixated on cold hard expectations on how my future partner should be but I have a few golden rules that I often refer to myself.

The five critical questions you must ask yourself if you are serious about finding and keeping a life partner: 

Question 1: Do we share a common life purpose?

Question 2: Do I feel safe expressing my feelings and thoughts with this person?

Question 3: Is he a mensch?

Question 4: How does he/she treat other people?

Question 5: Is there anything I'm hoping to change about this person after we're married?

I will be sharing this article in my next posting so stay tuned.

Summing up this articlewith a question I get quite often: "Missy Piggy, are you just being picky??"

I do think everyone deserves the right to be reasonably picky for our own future is in our own hands. I evaluate myself from time to time and has mature over the years. So I do not think I am unrealistic and I believe in finding the right one than to settle for just anyone.

Not exactly a short introduction but I hope you will enjoy my blog as I try my very best to document my journey to find my special someone!

Love
Missy Piggy

P.S:  I felt like Jean Valjean when I picked the title for this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the Love